WOOD DALE, IL - You are invited to attend a free Planetary Gearheads seminar for Design Engineers. This training will enable you to better understand the different types of planetary gearheads and how to quickly select the right gearhead for your motion control application saving you time and optimizing your machine designs.
Reserve your spot today for this live webinar being held in two sessions on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. CST again at 3:00 p.m. EST / 2:00 p.m. CST.
There are a limited number of spaces available, so register now!
Micron Planetary Gearheads are precision mechanical devices used for torque multiplication, speed reduction and inertial matching in servo systems. The gearing system consists of a sun (pinion) gear that is driven by a motor shaft, and in turn drives a planetary gear stage (typically three or more planet gears). Known for their very high toque density, planetary gearheads are a great way to make a higher performance, more compact and less expensive system.
In 1 hour you will learn:
Planetary Gearhead Technology Overview
- Planetary vs. Helical Planetary
- Backlash and Precision
- Sizing and Selection
- Continuous Duty Applications
- Low-Temperature Applications
- Environmental protection
Micron Product Overview
- Product Offering
- RediMount System
- Micron Advantages
- Market Specific Products
- Gearhead Express
This live online seminar is an event for mechanical motion design engineers at all experience levels. The seminar has been designed to give solid, practical information - not a sales pitch. Register today to learn how to design and build better machines with true Planetary Gearhead technology.
Planetary Gearheads offer the following design benefits:
- High Torque to Size Ratio - Allows compact, lower cost design
- Low Backlash - Eliminates positioning errors due to lost motion
- Inertia Matching - Keeps servo systems stable and in control
- High Rigidity - Optimizes system response
- Self Re-lubrication - Eliminates costly maintenance and downtime
- Load Sharing - More torque capacity and longer life
- High Radial Load Capacity - Mount pulleys and pinions directly on the output shaft
Register now to learn how to improve your knowledge of Planetary Gearheads and improve your next mechanical motion design.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.