WOOD DALE, IL - Reserve your spot today to attend a free seminar for design engineers to learn more about the benefits of using electric steering in an application design.
Applications calling for steering capabilities have a number of significant factors for concern, namely safety, reliability, and equipment footprint. Register today to learn the advantages of an electric steering or steer by wire system and how the patented Torque Feedback Device from Deltran can help you create a safer, more reliable steering system.
This training will enable you to better understand how the Torque Feedback device can provide benefits beyond traditional hydraulic or mechanical systems, and will also discuss sizing criteria, and how to quickly design and specify the Torque Feedback Device into you application, saving you time and optimizing your machine design.
The new Torque Feedback Device (TFD) provides a variable torque output, in proportion to a DC input, for steering and other by-wire applications. This innovative design offers a cost effective, high quality user interface by applying state-of-the-art friction materials and a patented electromagnetic actuation system.
In 45 minutes you will learn:
- Introduction to the Torque Feedback Device
- What is it?
- Where is it used?
- Electric vs. Hydraulic or Mechanical
- Benefits of Electric Systems
- How to replace or retrofit systems
- Technical Overview
- TFD Technology and Construction
- Dimensions and Performance Data
- System Integration
This live online seminar is an event for mechanical motion design engineers at all experience levels. The seminar has been designed to give solid, practical information - not a sales pitch. Register today to learn how to design and build better machines with the Torque Feedback Device.
The Torque Feedback Device offers the following design benefits:
- Integrated design combines both tactile & position/velocity feedback with a steering wheel interface in one mechanical package.
- Compact design offers high torque densities and energy efficient operation.
- Continuously variable torque output for high quality operator interface or "feel".
- Redundant sensors for safety and field serviceability.
- Modular design allows the product to be easily scaled to specific application requirements.
- Repeatable operation over a wide range of operating conditions and product life.
- Assembly and all components meet EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS).
- Designed for use in EN1175 and IEC61508 compliant systems.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.