WOOD DALE, IL - Register today to attend a free Sizing and Selection of Ball and Lead Screw seminar for Design Engineers. Learn how t
- Improve efficiency and performance of multi axis machines
- Save time by learning how to avoid design flaws
- Optimize your application and make the design process easier
- Get a tour of the new Thomson Linear Motioneering - Ball and Lead Screw tool
Reserve your spot today for this live webinar being held in two sessions on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. CDT again at 3:00 p.m. EDT / 2:00 p.m. CDT.
Ball and Lead screws are highly efficient mechanical devices for translating rotational motion to linear motion. They are able to apply or withstand high thrust loads with minimum internal friction. Innovative design engineers have learned that ball and lead screws can transform the most demanding industrial applications and provide the most effective actuation solution right drive for virtually every motion task and at a better price point than alternative technologies such as belts, cables, chain drives, and rollers.
In 1 hour you will learn:
- Ball Screw vs. Lead Screw
- Typical Applications
- Design Tree
- Basic Parameters
- Application Requirements
- Optional Features
- Design Calculations
- Using the Ball and Lead Screw Sizing and Selection Tool
- Size & Select components based on common parameters using the design tree
- Additional Support
The seminar has been designed to give solid, practical information - not a sales pitch. Register today to learn how to minimize associated costs and maximize effectiveness of ball and lead screw technology.
Ball and Lead Screws offer the following design benefits:
- Longer life
- Higher loads
- Lower friction
- Less wear
- Less drive power required
- Less heat generation
- Higher traversing speed
- No stick-slip effect
- More precise positioning over total life
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.