WOOD DALE, IL –Thomson introduces Thomsonlinear.com – a content rich site detailing the company’s comprehensive family of mechanical and electromechanical motion solutions, along with a vast array of helpful, time saving and performance optimizing design tools and educational/training resources. Visitors are also able to browse potential motion solutions by industry of interest. Each resource is provided to engineers streamline the design process and optimize the performance of their machine through quick specification of best in class components and systems.
"Often the ideal motion control solution for machine builders is not about finding the fastest, sturdiest, most accurate or even least expensive option and then packaging those together in a machine, hoping for the best. Rather, people are looking for the optimal balance of performance, life and cost. Our new website and the customer support personnel behind it are positioned to help machine builders quickly configure the optimal solution for their application,” says Rob Gallagher, Marketing Communications Manager, Global.
Machine builder’s will quickly find all relevant features, benefits, specifications and ordering information for Thomson actuators, ball screws and lead screws, clutches and brakes, linear bearings and guides, linear motion systems, precision balls and planetary gearheads. They are also able to browse potential motion solutions by industry, including aerospace and defense, electronic assembly, lift truck, medical, mobile off-highway, packaging and converting, personal mobility, semiconductor and textile.
Perhaps most significantly, OEMs have access to the company’s comprehensive and substantive library of design tools and education/training resources, including:
- Sizing software such as Linear MOTIONEERING® and Micron MOTIONEERING® to automate the linear system and planetary gearhead sizing, selection and quoting process more >
- Attribute-based Product Selectors that automatically identify the optimum components based on user inputs more >
- On-demand and live technical, educational and non-commercial webinars more >
- An Engineer’s Toolbar that provides a convenient method of performing common technical calculations more >
- Configurable 2D and 3D CAD drawings in all major CAD formats more >
- A library of technical articles and white papers more >
- Thomson eNews – a monthly enewsletter that covers a wide range of topics including application design, problem-solving insights, product introductions and selection, available literature and online software tools more >
Machine builders can also check out the company’s training schedule and enroll for upcoming courses, and even request customized, on-site training.
With more than 60 years of motion control innovation and quality, Thomson is the industry’s premier producer of Linear Ball Bushing® Bearings and Profile Rail Bearings, 60 Case™ Shafting, ground and rolled Ball Screws, Linear Actuators, Gearheads, Clutches, Brakes, Linear Systems, and related accessories. Thomson invented the Linear Ball Bushing Bearing in 1945, and has set the standard ever since with an unsurpassed set of mechanical motion control solutions serving global commercial and aerospace & defense markets. Thomson Industries, Inc. has facilities in North America, Europe and Asia with over 2000 distributor locations around the world.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); firstname.lastname@example.org; www.thomsonlinear.com.