WOOD DALE, IL - Join us for a free Linear Bearings and Guides seminar for Design Engineers. This training will enable you to quickly design and specify linear bearings and guides for linear motion systems, saving you time and optimizing your machine designs. Reserve your spot today for this live webinar being held in two sessions on Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. CST again at 2:00 p.m. EST / 1:00 p.m. CST.
There are a limited number of spaces left, so register now!
Linear Bearings & Guides are anti-friction devices that provide smooth accurate precise guidance for linear motion. They are designed to provide continuous travel over the full length of the rail enabling near drag free linear motion. Capable of operating under high loads, high speeds, high accelerations, and a variety of environments and demands, linear bearings are made to extremely tight tolerances, and are the most effective solution for virtually all precision linear motion guidance challenges.
In 1 hour you will learn:
- Linear Bearings & Guides Basics
- Overview of Linear Motion Guidance technologies and features
- Key Linear Motion Considerations / Parameters
- Accuracy (Running Accuracy & Parallelism)
- Repeatability (Preloaded v Clearance Fit)
- Bearing and Rail system Configurations (Sizing and Positioning)
- Other Considerations (Noise, Speed & Acceleration, Temperature, Environment)
- Thomson Family Overview
- Features and Benefits of Round Rail and Profile Rail Products
- Round Rail - Precision Steel, Super, Super Smart, FluoroNyliner, RoundWay
- Profile Rail - 500 Series Ball, 500 Series Roller, AccuMini, MicroGuide, T-Series
- Linear Bearings & Guides Sizing & Selection Process
- Selection Process - Profile Rail v Round Rail
- Load-Life Calculations
- Application Example
This live online seminar is an event for mechanical motion design engineers at all experience levels. The seminar has been designed to give solid, practical information - not a sales pitch. Register today to learn how to design and build better machines with linear bearing and guide technology.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.