KRISTIANSTAD, SWEDEN – Thomson, supplier of innovative linear drive and guidance systems, today expanded its Online Education Centre with four new technical training videos to help machine builders select and apply industrial linear actuators, square rails, round rails, ball screws, gearheads, clutches and brakes.
“Thomson is committed to helping machine builders find the ideal motion control solution for their application, and typically that means far more than simply identifying the fastest, sturdiest, most accurate or even least expensive option,” says Klaus Elsner, Marketing Communications Manager for Thomson. “Our breadth and depth of product solutions, combined with over 70 years of global application experience and robust design tools and education resources such as these new videos, enables Thomson to help OEMs identify the optimal balance of performance, life and cost that satisfies their unique application needs."
“Industrial linear actuators vs. hydraulic systems” highlights how utilising electric actuators instead of hydraulic systems can “green” an application while saving money and improving safety. “Square Rails and Round Rails” addresses the key differences between each technology, and reviews when to use each. “Ball Screws” delivers basic design and installation considerations for applying ball screw drives. “Gearheads, Wrap Springs and Friction Clutches” helps viewers see and understand the differences between friction and wrap spring clutches, brakes and gearheads.
In addition to these four-minute educational training videos, Thomson offers a range of additional free educational resources and design tools to help OEMs make informed mechanical and electromechanical motion control decisions, including:
- Live and archived webinars and technical articles on a wide array of motion control topics
- Solution Centre – an interactive knowledgebase that provides technically substantive answers to a broad range of questions on the selection, application, installation, maintenance and general use of motion components and systems
- Product Selectors – attribute-based product selection tools
- Configurable and downloadable 2D and 3D interactive models
- Linear MOTIONEERING® - application-based sizing and selection for linear motion systems, ball and lead screws, and 60 Case® LinearRace Shafting
- Micron MOTIONEERING® - application-based sizing and selection for gearheads
- EngineersCALC – a powerful and simple-to-use engineering calculator for , iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android and Blackberry users
Images for this press release can be obtained at:
Interesting facts about Thomson
With over 60 years of expertise in the field of drive technology, Thomson is the unrivalled industry leader in the manufacturing of Ball Bushing® and profile rail bearings, 60 Case™ shafts, precision ground and rolled ball screws, linear actuators, gearheads, clutches, brakes, linear systems and suitable accessories. Thomson launched the linear ball bushing bearing onto the market back in 1945 and since then has been setting new benchmarks in the development of drive control solutions for companies from a wide range of industrial sectors such as the aviation and arms industry. Thomson Industries Inc. has production sites in North America, Europe and Asia, not to mention a global network of over 2,000 dealers.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.